Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Introductions: Joshua

Hello! My name is Joshua and I'm a student at the University of Calgary in East Asian Languages. I decided to take part in this trip to Japan to improve my understanding of Japanese language and customs. Additionally, the exploration of drinking culture in Japan is of some fascination as it is potentially mirrored to Canadian custom.

This trip is also a great opportunity for me to sight see and research historical events and regions in northern Japan. This field of study is of great importance to me and I hope that by visiting locations of great significance I may seek out a greater understanding of the origins of such a proud and culturally rich society. Such locations shall include Zen Buddhist temples, especially since it is a pivotal section of my research there. Additionally, there is also a unique nightlife in Japan which I would love to take part in studying, and so it will be a major component of the cultural studies of which I plan to undertake there. With a pint in hand we can learn the land.

I hope to share many amazing stories and pictures from landmarks, temples, izakayas and more throughout this journey I am about to go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment