Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Kris Introduction

My name is Kris, and I'm a linguistics student at the U of C with a Japanese minor. I'm happy to have been able to be selected for this trip, since it will not only help me complete my minor, but also be an excellent experience for my career development, as at the end of my degree, I am aspiring to work in the Japan Exchange and Teaching programme (JET). I haven't been able to allot the time or funds to make a trip to Japan until now, so I'm very happy to be able to be able to go, and for credit as well.

For my course project, I'll be working on an overview of the Shinto religion over history, and with our group historical project on Zen Buddhism, I'm hoping to gain some insight on both Japanese society and culture, as well as getting to experience two prominent religions which are of great interest but still completely foreign to me. I'm looking forward to getting to see and visit places on this trip that I would only be able to read about otherwise, and I think that will be of great value to my personal and group research topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment