Saturday, May 19, 2018

Joshua Self Reflection

Whew boy, what a long and strange trip it's been! Not everyone has taken to the drinking the same way I have, and I'm probably going to need a good long sobriety period to repair the damages done to my liver. The bars in Japan and the availability of liquor is still astonishing! We've seen sixties Americana dive bars, classic Japanese sake bars, weird panda themed bars and more. The alcohol flows like water here and is virtually as cheap. The Buddhist temples here are a little reclusive, but the one we did visit intensively revealed a lot about the practice. I wish I could've chatted up more locals, but the language barrier has certainly proved difficult! Still, we learned so much about people through observation and firsthand experience that I feel we have a better understanding of the way Japanese people live. If only we had more time, practice, and liquor money!

No comments:

Post a Comment